Bourke Legal lawyers are experts in claims for Emergency Workers in New South Wales.
Bourke Legal strives to provide emergency workers with the support they deserve. If you are suffering from, diagnosed, or have been discharged caused by PTSD, please make an appointment with us immediately.
If you are injured during your years of service as a Police Officer or Paramedic, you are entitled to make a claim for:
- All reasonably necessary medical expenses
- Make-up pay – where you’re back at work, but not back to your full hours or duties
- Lump-sum payments for ‘pain and suffering’. When you’ve suffered a permanent impairment of a body part due to an injury occurring on duty (such as a back injury at work)
Work Injury Damages Claims
If you sustained a work related injury in the last 30 years, the Australian Government has preserved your right to demand a claim for work injury damages, provided you’ve suffered an injury that is assessed at 15% (or more) of what is termed ‘Whole Person Impairment’.
If you are a pre-1988 Officer, there is no threshold.
We can also help with
- General advice when you’ve been off work a while and you think you can’t go back – helping you understand your ongoing entitlements;
- What Medical Discharge means for you;
- How to get your TPD lump sum;
- What happens once you leave.