Bourke Legal Public Liability Lawyers Coolangatta
You may be eligible to make a public liability claim if you have been injured in a public place, regardless of who’s at fault.
Individuals and businesses alike have a ‘duty of care’ that covers publicly and privately-owned spaces to ensure people’s safety. These include:
- Parks and playgrounds
- Properties – public, commercial or retail
- Sport fields
Businesses that occupy properties are mandated to carry public liability insurance, so compensation claims are mostly made against insurance companies.
Injured in a Public Place? Our Coolangatta Public Liability Lawyers Can Help
If you sustained an injury in a public place , reach out to Bourke Legal for a free initial consultation to determine if you have a valid claim.
What Falls Under Public Liability?
Examples of where potential Public Liability Claims can arise are as follows:
- Slips and falls on a public or private property
- Dog attacks
- Physical assault in pubs and hotels
- Aviation accidents
- Falls due to service pits or Council footpaths
- Playground and schoolyard injuries
- Trips on hazards in commercial premises
- Park/water park injuries
- Hot water system malfunction
- Falls on private, Council owned or commercial premises
- Falls on stairs
- Injuries related to animal husbandry and farming practices
- Boating accidents
- Diving accidents
Public Liability Claims Coolangatta
Public liability claims are complex, and no two cases are the same. This is why it is a good idea to seek legal advice.
What Are Your Entitlements?
The compensation you could receive from your public liability claim depends on the complexities of your case. In most cases, your public liability compensation claims can cover:
- Medical expenses
- Nursing and at-home care expenses
- Lost wages (current and future)
Compensation for pain and suffering